Well needless to say I’ve missed this. So much so that during my free time you may be seeing a lot of postings come through. As if I have so much to say and not enough time to say it in.
Since we’ve last chatted:
– Today is the first show I’ve worked since May. While it’s nice to be back in the mix it’s a bit frustrating not knowing what is expected of me. I’m a firm believer that in order to exceed expectations you need to first know what is expected from you. The original position I was hired for (which I was excited for) has now changed to a condensed version of what my usual job is. I look at each show as a learning opportunity and I’m hoping that this one will be no different. There is a lot to be said for keeping an open mind and always being willing to learn no matter how many times you’ve done something.
Coincidentally I am working with my old boss who has since the last time we worked together iced me out after I found out some less than appealing things he did to me at our last show together. But, enough about that. I believe by taking the higher road in the end I will come out on top, and if not than it wasn’t meant to be but my work ethic speaks for itself and something better will come along.
Within the time I’ve been writing this he has now leaned on me twice, which speaks loudly instead of doing it himself he approached me for help. Houston: We are making progress.
– My carpal tunnel has continued to worsen and my appointment tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Hopefully, it will bring further insight and resolutions as well.
– I’ve been able to spend an immense amount of time with my family, which I love! Especially with my little sister helping her learn how to read. and working on her phonics.
– I’ve purchased an almost new Ford Fusion SE in cash (which I saved for 5 years to get).
– I’ve fallen in love with a new budget app called Every Dollar. I’ve earned silly amounts of money from the Ibotta App, Receipt Hog and Poshmark. They are all great ways to earn extra money without much effort.
– I’ve been able to FaceTime my BFF, Isabel, quite a bit which is a huge treat.
So that’s what’s new with me. I hope these last few weeks have treated you well and that happiness has been busting down your doorway.